press TAB to change convo tabs?

Linus Arver linusarver at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 00:37:44 EST 2014

Hello list,

After many years of not using Pidgin, I'm back at it again.

I'm aware that you can use CTRL+TAB to change conversation tabs, but I
propose the following (optional?) behavior:

    * Pressing TAB in an empty (pristine) conversation entry box should
      act just like CTRL+TAB.

I propose this because I cannot imagine why anyone would ever want to
send an IM with a ton of leading whitespace that tabs give you. And,
it's not something like the spacebar key that can easily be mispressed,
leading to a mistell if the convo tab is changed unintentionally.

Personally, I'd like to disable the tab key altogether from the entry
box and permanently map it to CTRL+TAB, as I've never had the need to
type tabs mid-sentence. But, I imagine I could be in the minority in
this one --- who knows?

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed here.

-L