pidgin using excessive bandwidth with msn accounts

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Nov 18 00:54:44 EST 2014

El día Monday, November 17, 2014 a las 08:47:54PM -0700, Ook escribió:

> Pidgin 2.10.10 on linux, and I think 2.10.9 on windows.
>
> I noticed today that when any msn account logged in, pidgin will sit
> there and consume 200k-300k of bandwidth, even when idle. I disabled the
> msn accounts, and the bandwidth consumption dropped to zero. This
> started a few days or so ago (that I noticed) on all of my computers,
> both linux and windows.
>
> Anyone else seen this?

I do not fully understand, why the people are posting to this list, but
do not read the postings in this list. Is the list policy set to allow
posting without subscribing?

It's boring to read again and again the same question which are already
fully answered.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.