pidgin using excessive bandwidth with msn accounts

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Nov 18 03:20:38 EST 2014

El día Tuesday, November 18, 2014 a las 08:04:44AM +0000, David Woolley escribió:

> Incidentally, the symptom reported this time was slightly different,
> although it may be a slightly more technical report of the same problem..

I think, it is the same problem. Without the Application Id fix, pidgin
is sending again and again with high frequency the request for the
contact list (I saw this with --debug set). Pidgin should give up after
certain amount of retries.

HIH

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.