pidgin 2.1010 memory leak?

Vern Graner vern at txis.com
Thu Nov 20 00:40:13 EST 2014

I have run pidgin for years but in the last couple of weeks I have
noticed pidgin has started to lock up and when I check in task manager,
it has climbed to 1.8 GIGs of RAM use! I can exit and restart it and
watch it start to climb back up from about 25m to 45meg in only a matter
of minutes. I leave my machine on 24/7 so the ram use is crazy high just
when it sits overnight.

Other than a stock install, I am using Pidgin Encryption 3.1 and OTR
4.0.0 plugins. I have tried disabling both of those and restarting. does
not fix the issue.

I am running Windows 7 Pro, 64bit on a Dell Latitude with a core i7
haswell and 16g of RAM.

What additional information can I provide o help diagnose this issue?

Vern

--
Vern Graner CNE/CNA/SSE    | "If the network is down, then you're
Senior Systems Engineer    | obviously incompetent so why are we