Unable to get Pidgin to work

porus pavri pdpavri at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 10:39:26 EDT 2015

Hi there,

Problem Background: Was using gtalk2voip.com until Feb, after which it
stopped working.  Tried using the alternative Talkonaut, but that too did
not work. I believe my Gtalk2voip.com account is still active, and I still
have some credit left in that account.

A few days ago, it came to my knowledge that we could use other
"interfaces" like Pidgin to continue to access gtalk2voip.com to make
international calls as before.  So I downloaded the latest Pidgin version
2.10.11 from the website.  Went to Manage accounts > Add account.  My email
address that was used to login to gtalk2voip.com is
manju.sivanandan at gmail.com. I entered "manju.sivanandan" as username, "
gmail.com" as domain and resource (in the set up dialog box) and my
gtalk2voip password. I checked the box "Create this new account on the
server".  Did not tick or enter values in any other fields in the set up
dialog box - Basic tab.  Made no changes in the Advanced and Proxy tabs
either.

After saving my above profile, I could see the buddy list comprising all my
contacts from gtalk2voip.com.  Against each contact, it says "Press CALL to
phone call, offered by Gtalk2voip Gateway".  However, I do not see any
"CALL" button anywhere from where I can make a call !

Any ideas on why this is happening and how this issue can be resolved ?

Porus Pavri