Strangeness

Darvell Rowley darvell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:04:19 EDT 2015

Hello there.

I have been using Pidgin for years now, and me and my friend both are using
2.10.11, I see him Offline always, says "subscription: both" and has his
email "mattknox at gmail.com".

We have a chat sesh open, and Private with OTR. Question and Answer type of
Verification, and we can type back and forth just fine.   He signed out of
his phone, closed his gmail tabs in Chrome, even did a "force signout of
all other sessions" from Gmail.  still shows Offline to me.

even had him log into Gmail in Chrome and Sign In, click on "revert to old
chat". shows available there, but i still see him Offline on my Pidgin list.

He is literally the only person that shows Offline when not trying to, and
no one else that he knows complains of him showing Offline, I am the only
one.

Both of us are Accounts>Manage Accounts>1 listed, type XMPP with just
entering in my email address there, compared my settings and his, all the
same on all the tabs.

At the bottom of his Pidgin he has Available selected, but I am the only
person seeing him Offline...

Thoughts?
~darvell