Local network

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 14:14:40 EST 2015

> Indeed, Bonjour is a solution, but I think it's probably not very
> configurable. It might be sufficient though.

Yes, there is almost no configurable options at all.  For example, if you
require conversation logging, you can turn that on at the PC level but any
user can just as easily turn it off.

Display names are exactly as they are typed and you must all be on the same
network (or have a mDNS reflector service which relays the broadcast from
one network to the next).

Also, from a security perspective, the mDNS protocol in general has some
items that you may want to research as well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-configuration_networking#Security_issues

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com