Pidgin application is causing problems with my screen resolution

Michael McConville mmcconville at mykolab.com
Mon Jul 13 14:59:42 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 11:54:42AM -0700, Karl Pitcher wrote:
> I'm using Windows 7 Professional and Pidgin 2.10.9 (libpurple 2.10.9)

This is unlikely to fix your problem, but using the newest version
(currently 2.10.11) is always a good idea.

> I do not think that Oracle uses a custom Pidgin but I couldn't say for
> sure. Is there any way for me to find out?

Hopefully it would say something in Help -> About. Also, if the Oracle
logo appears anywhere other than users' avatars, that's a good
indicator.

Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful. I'll let you know if I find
anything similar on the bug tracker.

You could also share a debug log:

	https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports#Windows

But I'm not sure whether it would be useful in diagnosing this kind of
issue.