Facebook Issues

Paul Brockett pwbrockett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 11:14:24 EDT 2015

Greetings

I am having an issue connecting to Facebook, I am getting the following
message when I attempt to log in...

pwbrockett at chat.facebook.com/ disconnected
Server closed the connection

Your online page has not been any help also and I quote...

      How do I configure my Facebook Chat account?

If you have set up a Facebook username, your Facebook username is your
account username, and chat.facebook.com is the domain. If you have not,
things may be more complicated. Fortunately, Facebook has a page which
gives you all the information you need!

Make sure you are logged into Facebook, and then load this URL: ​
http://www.facebook.com/sitetour/chat.php

Click the "Pidgin" link, and you will be presented with step-by-step
instructions, with your Facebook username identified.

I have entered the correct ID and password plus the domain information
listed above.  when I click on the above link all I get is the online
chat from Facebook, showing my previous conversations....unable to
locate the "pidgin" link anywhere on the page....apparently the page
address you are trying to refer me to is incorrect or has been changed
recently....

will you please provide the proper facebook page so i can set the pidgin
up correctly for facebook ..

thanks

Paul Brockett