Using the plugin from github

Cam Krout camkrout at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:38:46 EDT 2015

Hi, I am running Pidgin 2.10.11 in Windows 7 Pro x64 (I also occasionally
use it in Lubuntu).  Facebook chat now refuses to connect (in both
operating systems), and I found a link to a third party plugin in a support
ticket.  The link is here <https://github.com/jgeboski/purple-facebook>.

However, I am not too familiar with github and I have no idea how to
install this plugin to Pidgin.  I assume the directions differ based on
whether I'm using Windows 7 or Ubuntu LXDE, but in both cases I've no idea
where to even start.  The README file in the github archive offered no help.

Can somebody offer some advice?  Thanks