business associate agreement

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Mon Jun 1 17:05:43 EDT 2015

Precisely, Pidgin is just a client, that will allow you to connect to one or more of many Instant Messaging services out there.  See my other reply.

Pidgin is open source software, and has never required contributors to assign their rights to the project management.  Thus it is not that Pidgin is unowned, it is that it is partially owned by numerous people.  You would need an agreement with each of the people listed in the AUTHORS file, indivdiually.  No one of us can speak for the others in executing a binding legal agreement.

Luke