Problem with live chat

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Jun 11 05:59:50 EDT 2015

Hi all,

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:58:41 +0000
Mark Huggins Undiscovered Destinations
<mark.huggins at undiscovered-destinations.com> wrote:

> Tried to log in this morning.
>
> Gave an option to re-enable. Clicked on it and northing.
>
> Now shows available status but only offline messages can be sent.
>
> Any suggestions?

seeing another question with inadequate information on this mailing list got me
thinking that perhaps we should create a page on the Pidgin wiki about "How to
ask a question about Pidgin?". I.e:

1. Include system info (OS , distribution, CPU arch, Pidgin version, etc.).

2. Include the logs (+ how to get them).

3. Which protocol.

4. Which errors do you get.

5. Refer to http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .

6. More.

Does such a page exist? If not, who'd like to help with creating it?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish