hi

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Jun 23 09:29:40 EDT 2015

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 04:06:37 -0700 (PDT)
Robert Lenane wrote:

> Im trying to set up pidgin for the first time
>

> It states that my account needs to be re-enabled.
>

> Could you re-enable please.
>

> Kind regards
>

> http://www.oracle.com/
> Robert Lenane | Sales Manager, Food and Beverage - SME Accounts
> Mobile: +44 (0) 7894 811 758
> Oracle Hospitality
>
> 6-8 The Grove | Slough | Berkshire | SL1 1QP
>
> http://www.oracle.com/commitment
>
> Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help
> protect the environment
>
> ORACLE Corporation UK Ltd is a company incorporated in England &
> Wales | Company Reg. No. 1782505 |
>
> Reg. office: Oracle Parkway, Thames Valley Park, Reading RG6 1RA

Hi Robert

Please be advised that Pidgin is being supplied to you as an end user
by your employer, Oracle. It is the responsibility of your internal IT
department to configure and support their installation of Pidgin and
whatever server is used within Oracle to carry the internal messaging
traffic.

On this mailing list, which is a peer support list for Pidgin (which is
Free Software) where ordinary users help each other, we simply cannot
provide the assistance you need within your corporate environment.

Please would you contact the Oracle IT department and ask them to
modify the installation of Pidgin within Oracle so that the Help links
point to internal Oracle address(es) and not the public mailing list
address to which you have posted. They will make many more friends by
doing that than they will by sending us an apparently unending stream
of your coworkers that have been let down by the Oracle IT department.

Thanks.

--

Brian Morrison