Using pidgin with tor in freenode

Michael McConville mmcconville at mykolab.com
Tue Jun 30 12:37:31 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 02:55:42PM +0800, Pickfire wrote:
>  I look at the instructions to use tor in freenode but it doesn't
>  work. Does anyone knows how to use pidgin with tor in freenode?

I had problems with this too and eventually gave up. It would sometimes
fail, especially when logging in after having recently done so. This
happened increasingly frequently until it never worked at all.

Freenode's Tor page says that they don't really support it, so I wasn't
surprised when I didn't get much help.

You can post a debug log, which may be helpful. However, I suspect that
the problem is with Freenode.