Too many Chat windows

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Mar 19 04:47:46 EDT 2015

Hi Fjr122,

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 13:14:46 -0500
Josh Rhodes <fjr122 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Pidgin in windows 7 to replace the deprecated googletalk program.
> So I'm using Xmmp. Every time I get a new message I get between 2 and 3 new
> windows. Unless I just received a message and haven't closed them, in which
> case the new message shows up in all 3 windows.
>
> How can I change this behavior?

Thanks for mentioning what your operating system is. Anyway, what you are
saying is strange because normally Pidgin starts up a single conversation *tab*
on the conversations' window. Can you provide a screenshot with all the windows
you receive? You can upload it to http://imgur.com/ .

Also, which XMPP account are you using? Is this a
GoogleTalk/GoogleChat/GHangouts account?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Selina Mandrake - The Slayer (Buffy parody) - http://shlom.in/selina

Cliff: And he takes losing (like with me - I won two rounds out of three)
amazingly well. Says that he can learn more from a lost fight than from
a fight he’s won.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/Buffy/A-Few-Good-Slayers/