stunserver.org no longer available

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Tue Nov 24 21:26:13 EST 2015

Howdy!

In the "Network" tab, I'm using a STUN server of "stunserver.org" (which
is also listed as an Example server), but the "Use automatically
detected IP address" is "192.168.0.10", which in addition to being
wrong, is not even an internal IP here.

Further investigation shows that stunserver.org is now running a "Is
this domain name yours? Click here to manage your domain." message,
which makes me think it's no longer under control of someone intending
to run a STUN server.

Changing to my own STUN server did, of course, resolve the problem.

stunserver.org should be removed as both an example and the default, and
either another default should be used, or users should be forced to
enter their own (if needed)

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/STUN has a list of valid STUN servers
(although it doesn't yet note that stunserver.org is out of service)

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/