Not able to login

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Apr 7 17:01:57 EDT 2016

On 07/04/16 12:11, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> On 04/07/2016 07:07, Azam Ghori wrote:

>> Kindly need you help I am not able to login to pidgin, the below error
>> is reflecting whenever I am trying to logon.

You can't login to pidgin, only to the service you are trying to access
with pidgin.

>> Error requesting https://api.screenname.aol.com/auth/clientLogin: Unable
>> to connect to api.screenname.aol.com: SSL Connection Failed
>>
>> Azam Khan | Admin |
>
> You'll need to contact oracle IT department directly

Whilst this is normally the correct answer for questions from Oracle
employees, in this case it looks like it is extra-curricular activities,
as he is trying to access AOL, not Oracle's internal servers.

I would first eliminate obvious things like corporate polices that
result in firewalls blocking such access.

Otherwise you need to provide a, minimally redacted, copy of the debug log.