Applying a shortcut to a function not working

Xirix Lunara highwind_od at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 12:59:07 EDT 2016

I use Pidgin for AIM, according to someone who replied to me on here if I highlight over the 'Save As' option in a message window to save the current session's logfile and press CTRL+S it'll set that as the shortcut for saving logs in the future, but it doesn't seem to be doing that for me, anyone know why this isn't working for me?

Failing that, is there a way to make it so the automatic logging option doesn't save the timestamps in the log? I have timestamps disabled, and when manually saving they're not in the log, but for automatic they are for some reason.