Reset password

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Apr 11 05:22:22 EDT 2016

On 11/04/16 09:54, Marius Diaconescu wrote:
> Hello Support,

There is no support team on this email address.  It is the peer support
public mailing list for the Pidgin open source client.  Pidgin has no
permanent staff that could provide such a service.

> Please help me reset my password for the account registered with this
> e-mail address.

The only thing that pidgin operates with a password is the bug tracker.
  They do not operate any instant messaging services.

Normally, when the list gets questions from Oracle people they actually
relate to an IM server, which we suspect is an XMPP one (but we have no
specific knowledge of it), operated by some part of Oracle's internal
services operation, and you should direct your question there.  If it is
a third party service, you should direct the questions to the operators
of that service.

If this is an internal server, please explain why you asked in the wrong
place, point out that it gives the impression that Oracle is a computer
illiterate company and suggest they make sure that anyone they ask to
use Pidgin uses the right support contact in future.

We have been told that the internal Oracle resource
<http://my.oracle.com/site/git/1591/index.htm> provides correct
information on the use of Pidgin in Oracle, but we have no access to
that document to confirm it.