Help

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Feb 22 12:34:30 EST 2016

On 22/02/16 16:58, Pedro Francisco wrote:
> Pidgin is not supported on Oracle's internal IM systems, as was told
> you by Oracle support.

There seems to be some confusion here.  Oracle IT support have said they
don't support Pidgin, but that doesn't mean that it isn't the
recommended client for their internal IM system.  There are just too
many Oracle employees failing to use it for it not to have been
recommended by someone in Oracle.  My response was saying, if IT don't
support it, who recommended it, as they presumably have to support it.

(On the other hand, I think it was eventually concluded that this
particular case was an Oracle employee trying to use Pidgin for personal
use.)

The standard response to Oracle employees is now as follows:

"Try this Oracle knowledge base article:

     http://my.oracle.com/site/git/1591/index.htm

You must be logged into the Oracle VPN to view it."

I presume that no-one on this list actually knows what is in that article.