Cannot compile Pidgin 2.10.12 for Windows (cannot find -lssl3, -lnss3, etc)

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Wed Feb 24 17:22:33 EST 2016

----- Original Message -----

Hi Daniel,

I have now been able to successfully build the installer, however after I run it
on Windows I am unable to start Pidgin due to missing DLLs:
The program can't start because libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing from your computer.

If I look at the Linux system where I built the installer, I see that the
libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll file is part of the gcc-mingw-w64-i686 package. Do I need to
set some additional compiler flag to instruct it to statically link these DLLs into
the installer?

Thanks,

Andrew