Hi Support, I am trying to configure my gmail account in Pidgin but system giving the 'Not authorized' error. Kindly provide the complete steps to configure the same. Regards, Kavi.

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Jun 17 04:29:34 EDT 2016

On 17/06/16 08:47, Kaviyarasu Venkatesan wrote:
> Hi Support,

There is no Pidgin Support department.  This is a public peer support
mailing list, where other users can try to answer your questions.

> I am trying to configure my gmail account in Pidgin but system giving
> the 'Not authorized' error. Kindly provide the complete steps to
> configure the same for 2.10.12 version.

Pidgin is not en email client, so cannot connect to gmail.  If you meant
Google Talk, see <https://support.google.com/a/answer/49147?hl=en>
however beware that these XMPP interfaces are constantly at threat by
moves to completely proprietary interfaces, such as Hangouts.