why i cannot save any of my modification in Pidgin

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Sun May 15 22:18:37 EDT 2016

Depending on the protocol you're using, the server can override your buddy
groups.  I've seen this most commonly with XMPP, for which there is an
xmpp-ignore-groups plugin (listed on the
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ThirdPartyPlugins page) that can override
what the server forces on you, using a setting.

Cheers,
Eion