why i cannot save any of my modification in Pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon May 16 04:40:22 EDT 2016

On 16/05/16 03:18, Eion Robb wrote:
> Depending on the protocol you're using, the server can override your
> buddy groups.  I've seen this most commonly with XMPP, for which there

We believe Oracle use XMPP.

Even though this is not the usual "can't login in to pidgin" question
from Oracle employees, you should probably take note of this standard
response, as it is some part of Oracle that sets the policy that is
resulting in the groups being overridden by the server.

The Oracle eyes only web page mentioned may give appropriate contact
information for obtaining more general support on Oracle's IM server.