Cannot Seem to Make the System Work

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Aug 17 04:32:57 EDT 2017

I'm not familiar with the fine details of the XMPP support, but an error
that says bad file descriptor sounds like a secondary error (a previous
error has invalidated the file descriptor and the code has tried to
continue processing).  Are you taking the message from the debug log?
If so, what precedes the final error, as that is more likely to be helpful.