Trillian with Pidgin

Konstantin Kharlamov Hi-Angel at yandex.ru
Tue Dec 26 16:44:52 EST 2017

Beforehand: I am not a pidgin developer, just a guy from a distant frozen country striving to earn some money. Well, not really random one though — I do have somewhat rated StackOverflow profile¹.

So, FWIW, I have written a basic prototype² of such a plugin, aiming to make then a Kickstarter project for 500$-900$ (with the minimum being 500$ to get back to work on the project, which is really small considering at least a month the development gonna take — the docs are pretty bad, partial, sometimes even wrong as it is with authentification, it may very well take even more. And the maximum just in case anybody happen to donate). Now, turned out the list of countries where Kickstarter works is pretty short, and mine is not there. Then I was about to try Indiegogo, but from what I've read, whole transfer from them to my native currency costs around 100$ (lots of fees starting from Indiegogo, going through transaction, and ending in conversion rates of my native bank). If I gonna go for it, it pushes the minimum limit one hundred bucks further. Funny, only now I see how Bitcoins are actually important — because common money conversions costs too much. That said, I don't know if it's any different with Kickstarter if it would've supported my country.

Advises from peoples around on how to proceed are appreciated. I could maybe just increase the project charge even further (I might be a bit sad for so much money to go down the drain, but oh well :P), but neither I'm sure the actual demand would cover it, nor I see much places with Trillian users where I could promote my project to direct this "demand" my way. Ideas, anybody?

1: https://stackoverflow.com/users/2388257/hi-angel?tab=profile
2: https://github.com/Hi-Angel/purple-impp