perl.dll is not loadable - initialization routine failed

Scott Noyes snoyes at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:47:44 EDT 2017

Using Dependency Walker on c:\program files (x86)\pidgin\plugins\PERL.DLL I
discovered that it cannot find LIBGLIB-2.0-0.DLL, LIBGMODULE-2.0-0.DLL,
and LIBPURPLE.DLL. The first two are definitely present in C:\Program Files
(x86)\Pidgin\Gtk\bin; the third is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin.

pidgin -d output includes:
GTK+ path found: c:\Program Files (x86)\Pidgin\Gtk\bin