Hangouts

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Jun 29 12:07:42 EDT 2017

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:43:02 -0500
Carol Zazu wrote:

> so a buddy on Pidgin using GoogleTalk has disappeared.  She says she
> is now on Hangouts.  How do I get her back?  Please be simple minded
> in your explanation.  Do I need a plug in?  Third party or from
> Pidgin?  thanks
>
> "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -Aldous Huxley

You can use Hangouts directly from the Gmail web page, is that a
suitable method for you?

You should also be able to use Pidgin as a Hangouts client, there is a
config example here, just ignore the bit about installing the linux
packages as you already have Pidgin:

https://cialu.net/how-to-configure-pidgin-as-hangouts-client/

--

Brian Morrison