Fwd: SIP support (was Re: Spam)

A publicface at bak.rr.com
Sat Mar 11 12:44:12 EST 2017

There are methods to use both a website forum and a mailing list that
syncs the two; because this is not a new disagreement of opinion.  I've
seen it done, unfortunately I can't remember any details it was ages
ago; though it's likely whatever site/list it was still exists.  As
google says "Sorry, that's all we know".

For the record, I see the benefit and the disadvantages of both ways and
it's more a question of personal preference than anything else.  This is
why I use an address designed to collect spam. When I get tired of
filtering it, I'll create a new one.  My ISP gives me 25 aliases to play
with up from 10.  Even they get it now.  Plus there's all the freebie
emails.  These days you can even poll them to get it all on your desktop
or I think they'll even poll each other though I've never tried.  There
are times I like to see messages in my email and times I like to bring
up a browser.  Aren't choices great?

Speaking of choices... when should we expect pidgin to support SIP?

Thanks!