AOL leaving does it effect my Pidgin

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Fri Nov 3 02:12:11 EDT 2017

Hi Laurel,

Unfortunately all the AIM servers are going away, so you'll need to switch
to a different service.  If you want to use something you control, it'd be
worth considering hosting something like XMPP, Mattermost or matrix.org for
your team chat (all 3 are available to use in Pidgin, 2 with plugins).

Have a look at
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ThirdPartyPlugins#AdditionalProtocols to
see if there's any other options outside of the built-in options in Pidgin
that might be useful to you too.

Cheers,
Eion