Login Problem

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Nov 20 16:52:36 EST 2017

On 20/11/17 19:14, Felix Frandsen wrote:
> I never ignored the certificate, i always accepted them when showed.
> What can i do in this case?

You need to contact the people who run the service to which you are
trying to connect.  They provide the certificate and they check your
user ID and password (authenticate you).  Pidgin just acts on the
certificate and passes your user ID and password to them.

By ignoring the certificate, I mean ignoring the certificate error.
When you accept an invalid certificate, you are basically ignoring the
contents of that certificate.  The purpose of the certificate is to
confirm that you are talking directly to the service, not to someone else.