Gmail Account Not Authorized

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Tue Oct 3 16:11:37 EDT 2017

Hi Eric,

"Not Authorized" is just a fancy way of saying "incorrect password".  In
the case of Hangouts/Gtalk/gmail this means you need to set up an app
password, see
https://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Protocol%20Specific%20Questions#gtalk_2fa
for more info about that.

Alternatively, you can switch to the Hangouts plugin which has a few
benefits over just using XMPP (see
https://bitbucket.org/EionRobb/purple-hangouts/wiki/Differences_with_XMPP
for more info) including a different auth method that doesn't need you to
set up an app password.

Cheers,
Eion