Info new account Pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Oct 5 07:33:28 EDT 2017

On 05/10/17 12:27, Marco Lorenzini Flashstart wrote:

> We bought one license for Pidgin for account f.collini.

Licences for Pidgin are free of charge.  (It would be possible for
someone to charge for supporting Pidgin.)

> Now we need to buy another account so can you tell me how can I proceed
> to do that?

There is no account needed to have a licence for Pidgin, as anyone
receiving the software automatically gets a licence.

I suspect you are confusing Pidgin with the instant messaging service
that you access with it.  That will be provided by a completely
different organisation, and may well be something you have to pay for.

> Furthermore, is it possible to have a main account and a secondary
> account so that if main account doesn't respond to a chat for a while,
> that chat will be automatically passed to the secondary account?

Pidgin is an instant messaging service.  A message that failed using one
connection may be stale by the time that that times out.  I do not
believe that Pidgin has any such alternative routing capability.