Info new account Pidgin

Rich Allcorn rich at allcorn.us
Thu Oct 5 12:47:34 EDT 2017

Who is charging you for pigeon?
It’s open source… It’s FREE!

- rich -

Rich Allcorn
email:  rich at allcorn.us

15612 Poynette Place, Austin Texas  78717-5351  USA
01 512.782.9979 voice | 01 512.844.7424 cell |
rich at allcorn.us Google & Apple Chat/Video/Voice  -  richallcorn  SKYPE Chat/Video/Voice
KW7PTL  |  WQTS370       146.640MHz & 466.000  | GMRS  ch21/code7    "DJ"

A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men ...    [Proverbs 18:16  NASB]

   Apple (.vcf)  |  Android (.csv)  |  Windows (.csv)   +  add  Headshot (.jpg)
... don't forget to check out my LINUX page with loads of info, resources and information!

Locate me now, using the magic of Ham radio:  <click here>

On Oct 5, 2017, at 06:33, David Woolley <forums at david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:

On 05/10/17 12:27, Marco Lorenzini Flashstart wrote:

> We bought one license for Pidgin for account f.collini.

Licences for Pidgin are free of charge.  (It would be possible for someone to charge for supporting Pidgin.)
> Now we need to buy another account so can you tell me how can I proceed to do that?

There is no account needed to have a licence for Pidgin, as anyone receiving the software automatically gets a licence.

I suspect you are confusing Pidgin with the instant messaging service that you access with it.  That will be provided by a completely different organisation, and may well be something you have to pay for.

> Furthermore, is it possible to have a main account and a secondary account so that if main account doesn't respond to a chat for a while, that chat will be automatically passed to the secondary account?

Pidgin is an instant messaging service.  A message that failed using one connection may be stale by the time that that times out.  I do not believe that Pidgin has any such alternative routing capability.