Not seeing web visitors, anymore

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Fri Oct 6 18:09:26 EDT 2017

Scott Kushner wrote:
> It used to be that we would see who was a web visitor in the buddies list
> chat box when they access the page...now we do not see them unless they
> actively initiate a chat.
>
> Is this a feature or a bug?

I can't tell for sure, but I'm guessing you're using Olark or some
other commercial support service, and using Pidgin as a client.  You
need to contact the commercial service directly, Pidgin is third-party
software that we give away for free (and they are subsequently giving
ot you for access), and we have no knowledge of how their systems work.

Ethan