File Transfer Issue

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Mon Sep 18 23:41:58 EDT 2017

Hi Nadeem,

Unfortunately XMPP file transfers are a little complicated and there's no
short answer.  There's several different ways to send a file over XMPP and
it depends on the clients, and what versions of the transfer methods
involved as to what method gets picked.

Since you're on Windows you won't be able to use the 'fastest' method in
Pidgin of "Jingle XMPP File Transfer" which has a direct connection between
clients, and you're probably either using the file transfer proxy (as per
Advanced tab settings in Pidgin) or failing that, falling back to the
'slowest' method, in-band file transfer which breaks the file up in pieces
and sends it in XMPP messages.

Try changing the file transfer proxy settings in the Advanced settings tab
of the account settings to those of your XMPP server, or use an alternative
method such as uploading the file to a website (eg send.firefox.com ) or a
shared network folder

Cheers,
Eion