clients6.google.com Unable to Validate Certificate

Kevin Hemphill khemphil at westga.edu
Fri Apr 6 09:44:51 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am constantly receiving the following error message popup multiple times
a day:

*SSL Certificate Error*

*Unable to validate certificate*

*The certificate for clients6.google.com <http://clients6.google.com> could
not be validated. The certificate chain presented is invalid.*

I have tried deleting this particular certificate multiple times, but it
keeps showing up. I have also installed the Google Internet Authority G2
certificate. Yet, I still get this message constantly. It’s annoying.

Any ideas on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Pidgin 2.12.0

Thanks,
Kevin