Install Pidgin on MacOS High Sierra

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Aug 1 08:34:29 EDT 2018

On 01/08/18 11:33, Tamer Zidan wrote:
> I need our support to share with me a video or a guide on how to install
> and configure Pidgin on my Mac.

As it says here: <https://www.pidgin.im/download/mac/> the Pidgin
community does not provide support any port of Pidgin onto the Mac, and
recommends Adium (which it also doesn't support) instead.

However, we have come to the conclusion that Oracle users don't know the
difference between Oracle's internal instant messaging service and the
Pidgin client that their PC users typically use to access it.  It is
quite likely that you are really asking how to access that service from
the Mac.  Oracle have released no details of their internal service to
us, so we cannot help with configuring any client for that service,
beyond the following:

We are advised that people within the Oracle network can use
<http://my.oracle.com/site/git/1591/index.htm> for more information; for
outsiders, like us, it just redirects to the public home page.

Please explain to whoever should be supporting you why you went to the
wrong place, and suggest how they could fix that in future.