ICQ Official announcement

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Sun Dec 23 19:39:18 EST 2018

24.12.2018 6:50, Eion Robb wrote:

> Thanks for testing :)  There's obviously a few rough edges to the plugin since it's only 24 hours old,
> sorry about the old messages appearing.  That's going to keep happening every time you connect to the account for now.

Can you temporary add a setting to not show incoming messages that are older than specified time (in days)
and came in less than a couple of seconds since last (re-)connect?

> I don't think there'll be any way to fix receiving old ICQ client messages - unless they also show up on web.icq.com <http://web.icq.com> ?
> If it helps, the old ICQ clients won't work after the end of the year anyway.
>
> You can debug everything that's going on through the Pidgin debug log:   from the Buddy List,  Help->Debug Window

I'll test.

I've created FreeBSD port net-im/pidgin-icyque for this your work and added it
to official FreeBSD Ports Collection, so FreeBSD users have a package readily available.

In case of significant updates, can you please send small notification to the list
or off-list directly to me so I update the port and it does not stall?