Offline message activation

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Feb 21 08:46:22 EST 2018

On 21/02/18 13:31, Rajeshwari Hiremath wrote:
> Hello Team,

There is no team; this is a public, peer support, mailing list.

> I want to get offline messages through mail, how do I activate it or
> where do I change settings in pidgin.

This is not a function performed by Pidgin; you will need to contact the
people who run the instant messaging server that you use.  It is
rumoured that Oracle have an XMPP server on their intranet.

My standard response follows:

We are advised that people within the Oracle network can use
<http://my.oracle.com/site/git/1591/index.htm> for more information; for
outsiders, like us, it just redirects to the public home page.

Please explain to whoever should be supporting you why you went to the
wrong place, and suggest how they could fix that in future.