Korean language showing as messcode pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Jan 12 04:49:45 EST 2018

I wonder if this has been triggered by a Windows Update, as the other
active thread is talking about emoticons looking like "tofu".  My guess
is that tofu refers to the same hexadecimal in a square fall back for
missing characters in a font as is appearing on this thread.

Jimmy:  has this symptom only just appeared?