Pidgin for Blackberry OS Smartphone

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Jul 26 18:53:59 EDT 2018

On 26/07/18 23:02, Kevin Butler wrote:

[ No contents. ]

I'm guessing that the intended question was whether there is a version
of Pidgin for the Blackberry, but the question you should have asked is
something like one of:

Is there an XMPP client for Blackberry?

Is there a multiprotocol IM client for Blackberry?

Is there an app for Blackberry that uses libpurple.

Pidgin uses Gtk+ as its GUI widget library, and I'm not aware that that
runs on Blackberry.  In fact I'm not sure that it runs on anything that
does have mouse buttons or equivalents.

I don't know if Blackberry supports C shared libraries, so I'm not sure
if a libpurple based app is possible.

See <https://pidgin.im/pipermail/support/2011-May/023595.html>.

"xmpp blackberry" seems to return some good looking hits.

I couldn't find any obvious multiprotocol clients, but I didn't try hard.