help needed getting started

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Jun 16 16:48:22 EDT 2018

On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 20:23:27 +0000 (UTC)
Lew Gwyn <lrgwyn at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am running Yahoo messenger on my pc - Windows 7 premium.
> I tried downloading Pidgin, but in the window to select what you run,
> NO Yahoo option appeared.I uninstalled Pidgin, then tried to download
> it again. The system remembers my email address, but shows me as "not
> connected." I cannot figure out how to connect.What am I doing wrong?

You are trying to use a service that was removed from Pidgin with the
previous release, 2.12.0, since it could no longer be supported.

Yahoo Messenger itself is being discontinued from July 17th this year,
so your options have become limited.

--

Brian Morrison