How can a metacontact always send to one contact by default?

Boris Gjenero boris.gjenero at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 13:57:42 EDT 2018

For one metacontact I would always like to send to one contact under
that by default, even if that contact is offline and others are online.
I know that after opening a chat window I can use the "Send To" menu to
change this, but this doesn't persist and I keep forgetting to do it.

We generally use Facebook (via https://github.com/dequis/purple-facebook
or a browser). His Facebook contact changes between online and offline,
while the Skype contact (via
https://github.com/EionRobb/skype4pidgin/tree/master/skypeweb ) goes
idle instead of offline. So, when the Facebook contact is offline but
the Skype contact is idle, double clicking on the metacontact defaults
to sending to Skype. But, I want to send to Facebook, because I know the
message will be delivered and I want to keep the conversation there for
convenience.