xmpp: URLs in Windows?

Mark Rousell mark.rousell at signal100.com
Sat Oct 13 15:03:47 EDT 2018

On 12/10/2018 15:18, Phil Smith III wrote:

> Been Googling but cannot seem to find answer: can I register xmpp:
> URLs in Windows, so I can give my wife a .bat file to start her IM
> tabs in Pidgin?

Did anyone reply to this?

The short answer is yes, you can register xmpp: URLs in Windows (or any
other URL). Any URL can be associated with a program (and with
particular command line parameters for the program).

If you want the program to do a particular thing then it depends on the
program supporting command line parameters to do that thing.

Doesn't Pidgin register various URLs when it is installed? I can't remember.

--
Mark Rousell