xmpp: URLs in Windows?

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Tue Oct 16 23:15:20 EDT 2018

Ok, a few things to go through:

> --help doesn’t show --protocol.
The --help info is generic to both Windows and non-Windows, so it only
shows options common to both.  The --protocolhandler= switch is definitely
the right one.

> I’m using the Hangouts plugin
The hangouts plugin doesn't have a URI handler, and it definitely wouldn't
work with xmpp: uri's; they would get passed off to an active jabber/xmpp
account you've got set up in Pidgin

When I run the command you ran I get a new conversation windows to
xxxxx at gmail.com.  Just to make sure, I tried from the Start->Run prompt and
get the same result:
[image: image.png]

The only thing related to a uri scheme for hangouts, is the uri that is
used on iOS to open the app: com.google.hangouts:// (from
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36182069/google-hangouts-ios-application-url-schemes
) but this looks to be ios-specific and doesn't work on any other
platform.  I could potentially add it to the Hangouts plugin, but i'm not
sure how much value that would add?

Cheers,
Eion