Buddy showing up as "not authorized"

Eion Robb eion at robbmob.com
Sun Sep 2 20:23:49 EDT 2018

Hi Quinn,

This normally means you are "not authorised" to see the other persons
presence information (online/away/offline etc) and that you should be
re-requesting the authorisation (not him).  Depending on the XMPP server
that you're connecting to, you might need to remove the buddy and re-add
them.  If it's gtalk.com as the XMPP server, then that's a whole different
kettle of fish with a different solution (related to public vs private
profiles and accounts)

Are you still able to send/recieve IM messages from him?

Cheers,
Eion