Question about Pidgin DBus API

Andrei Dobrescu andrei.dobrescu at neurony.ro
Wed Feb 13 13:17:05 EST 2019

hello.

I am trying to develop a desktop utility app based on Pidgin purple DBus
api. I successfully managed to send a message to a particular user. I used
PurpleFindBuddies(accountId, NULL) that returned an array with the ids of
the buddies from the account's list. And then PurpleConversationNew,
PurpleConvIm, PurpleConvImSend to send the message to the buddy.

But I also need to send messages to groups / rooms. But i am getting an
error when I try to get the group list.. I am using d-feet DBus explorer
tool to find and execute the APIs. I am calling
PurpleAccountGetConnection(20306) -> 20392 and then
PurpleRoomlistGetList(20392).. but the output in d-feet is
'g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:im.pidgin.purple.ObjectNotFound: The return
object is not mapped (this is a Purple error) (36)'
Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong? Should I call another function?

Can you, please guide me how to find group ids, names and how to send a
message to a specific group?

I am using Pidgin 2.10.12 (libpurple 2.10.12)

Thank you,
Andrei