Adding New Accounts

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Jun 15 19:04:26 EDT 2019

On 13/06/2019 20:09, Ferguson Family Medical wrote:
> I need to add new accounts and do not have any idea what to place in the
> fields.
>
> I have a Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo to add.

Yahoo, at least, shut down their instant messaging almost a year ago,
and the others are names of mail services, rather than any instant
message service they may still be running.  (Google is shutting down, or
has shut  down, Google Talk, in favour of Hangouts, and Pidgin only
supports Google Talk.)

I'm wondering if you are trying to use email addresses as log in names,
on some other instant messaging service, but I don't see how we can
guess which that one is.  If that is the case, you might be better off
asking that service's administrators.

It may also be that you are confusing email and instant messaging.