Reconnecting

Phil Smith III lists at akphs.com
Thu Jun 20 12:35:36 EDT 2019

My ISP has occasional hiccups, and/or Google does -- I get certificate prompts periodically (every few days), which of course makes no sense.

In any case, I often go to a machine and find that it has disabled my Hangouts account. I know how to re-enable it, of course, but would prefer not to have to. I see no way to tell Pidgin to retry more times, or for longer; am I just missing it?

Then there's the Skype "Failed to get magic T-value", which I also get randomly...

Any suggestions appreciated.